Archway is proud to be an Accredited Practice under the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
RCVS core standards
These standards apply to all types of accredited practices. To be accredited to core standards, a veterinary practice must, among other things:
- Put in place arrangements for 24-hour emergency cover for patients (this might be done by the practice itself, or through arrangements with another practice or emergency service provider).
- Have appropriately trained staff for work undertaken (veterinary qualifications and insurance are checked).
- Comply with minimum standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Make clients aware of arrangements for checking and monitoring patients kept in overnight.
- Ensure clients are given estimates of costs of treatments and consent to procedures undertaken.
- Have basic diagnostic and surgical equipment for the work undertaken – these must be installed and maintained in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Have an effective policy for communication with clients.